B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « FS : Aerial 7T in Mint condition »
September 30th, 2024, 7:30pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   FS : Aerial 7T in Mint condition
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: FS : Aerial 7T in Mint condition  
Maxdigital

FS : Aerial 7T in Mint condition
« on: August 9th, 2016, 9:58am »

Modify message

Have a mint condition unit, not run in yet in beautiful Reddish Cherry with intricate wood grain

Looking at S$6,800.00 Neg

Sincere buyers please contact +65 81335582

http://www.stereophile.com/content/aerial-acoustics-model-7t-lou dspeaker

Some weeks ago, I came upon an Internet post that questioned why high-end audio reviews seem to rely on colorful adjectives, all of which the poster felt were pejorative: the ideal audio device should be completely neutral. He thought that reviewers should emphasize how products convey the emotional content of the music. My first thought was that I agreed about the importance of neutrality. However, most of the products I get to review are pretty good, and a description of their imperfections permits discrimination among competing products. Recounting how good most of them are and placing each on a scale of neutrality would make for very repetitive and short reviews.

This review is relatively short because the Aerial Acoustics Model 7T has few flaws. Its overall performance provides a sense of presence and neutrality that makes listening to music through it engaging and untiring. It would be foolish to say that the Aerial is inexpensive at US$10,000/pair, particularly in the current economy, but it is the least expensive speaker that I could happily live with without second-guessing. The 7T is so good that it should provide any listener with joyful musical communication.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/aerial-acoustics-7t-lou dspeaker-tas-218/

The first time I played the 7T in my system, I was almost overwhelmed by its dynamic impact, immediacy, and liveliness. The 7T is noticeably easier to drive than my Dynaudio Confidence C1, but I had already turned down the volume several clicks as a starting point. Even accounting for the sensitivity difference, the dynamic verve, “ease of acceleration,” and control were so commanding that they made me chuckle. The 7T’s dynamics and bass are not the blunt-instrument sort, characterized by bloated, lumpy, ill-defined, high-volume thumps; rather, the 7T is much more complete in its ability to flesh out transients, delineate bass pitch, and follow the propagation of notes and track their decays. Kickdrum strikes had life-like punch as they imaged on the soundstage behind the speakers and then launched into the listening room, much as they do at a live jazz show with an unamplified drum kit. Just two speakers here, and yet strongly projected elements like classical singers, brass sections, and percussion instruments seemed to defy the boundaries of typical soundstage reproduction by allowing the entire front two-thirds of my listening room to be encompassed in the soundfield. This expansiveness is not to be mistaken for forwardness: Images were placed behind the plane of the speakers but then seemed to “breathe” into the room, taking on additional solidity as the 7T imbued them with immediacy and presence. This happened with small instruments like triangles and maracas as well as large ones.

http://audioshark.org/aerial-acoustics-34/aerial-acoustics-7t-80 1.html#.UbvJh9tXvJE

hese replaced my PSB Synchrony One towers in my two channel, and they moved to the HT front.

Anyway, I love the 7T speakers. They just sound right, especially with a good source. Whether it is the ping of a triangle, bass, or anything in between, they make it sound so real and precise it is scary. The funny part is the PSBs also sound great, but the Aerial Acoustics just do it better. Of course, the rest of the gear, cables, and power has a lot to do with this, but now that everything is working together it is heaven.

However, when I first got them they sounded like crap, and I had a bit of buyers remorse. But, after a few days they started to loosen up, and sounded better and better over time.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=478237

Aerial Acoustics 7T: WOW!
I just returned from an audio store that used to be a dealer for Snell speakers. They had a set of original spikes for my Type D's that I want to try. I had a great conversation with the salesman which led to his experiences with dealing with Mike Kelly when he was with ADS, and now Aerial Acoustics.

Just for fun, I got the chance to hear the new-ish 7T's. They were being driven with a hugely powerful Mark Levinson amp. I've heard their predecessor, the 7B's before, and was very impressed with their clarity, accuracy, and natural timbre.

The new 7T's take that to an entirely different level! I've never heard speakers disappear like that. The sound stage was absolutely enormous, and even with my eyes open, I couldn't place the speakers. I could have sworn there were speakers in the ceiling, beside me, and behind me. With a Louis Armstrong song, it sounded like his voice was coming from the top left corner of the room. The sensation was like being seated at a table in a supper club, looking up at the stage. But it wasn't overblown and artificial in any way. Bowed acoustic bass sounded absolutely real, just as it did when I was actively performing in small jazz ensembles. The realism of the bass with just two 7" woofers was simply astounding. The expression "being in the room with the musicians" took on a whole new meaning listening to this set-up.

What a big, stupid grin I must have had on my face. If I ever find myself with 5 digits' worth of disposable income, I have a good idea how I'll dispose of it!

Just thought I'd share that with ya'll. Now it's time to see how the spikes improve the sound of my Snell's.

http://www.avguide.com/forums/aerial-acoustics-7t

JLe eMD -- Thu, 11/10/2011 - 11:34
I recently took delivery of a pair of Nero (Ferrari metallic black) 7Ts.  I have a small-medium sized room with a minimalist 2-channel system (Levinson No.512 SACD/CD player, Bryston 4B SST2 amplifier, and Audioquest WBY cables).  My last 4 speakers were the Paradigm Signature S2v3, Usher Audio Mini II Diamond, Dynaudio Confidence C1, & the B&W 805 Signature.

I am posting my impressions here as this is a new speaker that Kirk Midstkog in TAS called the Most Significant Product Introduction at CES 2011 and there are, as of yet, zero reviews available.  TAS & Stereophile reviews are forthcoming.

Hopefully, the 7Ts will be my last speakers (!).  These speakers seem to have no weaknesses.  Transparency is exceptional with stunning resolution, especially in the midrange.  They throw a big 3-D soudstage populated with palpable images.  Bass is extended with impressive weight yet is agile with gobs of timbral detail.  The best part: these speakers infuse music with a dynamic life which makes listening to music engaging and involving.  All told, these are the most transparent and realistic sounding speakers I have ever owned...or heard.  US$9850 is too low.  

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)