B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « ATC speaker SCM 12 bookshelf  - texture to music »
September 30th, 2024, 9:33pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   ATC speaker SCM 12 bookshelf  - texture to music
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: ATC speaker SCM 12 bookshelf  - texture to music  
skhifi

Refresh each day with music

ATC speaker SCM 12 bookshelf  - texture to music
« on: September 11th, 2016, 12:07pm »

Modify message

Hi everyone;

I am the first owner of a pair of well renowned atc speaker

ATC SCM 12  British speakers.

The 12s though have got the Super Linear midbass driver which gives you that sound that is much sought after for British speakers, it gives you the "texture" to the music.

The Super Linear mid-bass driver is not used in the current ATC SCM 11, but only in the higher model ATC SCM 19 (paid a handsome sum), so effectively you are getting some of the trickle down spec from the higher series.

ATC speakers -  Famous British brand normally associated with professional studio usage.

Reviews:
Hi-Fi Choice: “High value, high performance loudspeaker”.
Hi-Fi News: “A joy to listen to."
What Hi-Fi: “Utterly faithful to the original recording, even-handled and informative presentation; great dynamics."

The speaker is heavy. Each weigh about 15kg (34 lbs) because of this famed  Super Linear driver.

Selling at $1,280 (FINAL) reduced from $1480.  

I drive it with my Fisher 500B - all tube receiver, tube amp beautiful sound and yet it Delivers ...Sonically,  the vocal of Sarah Monrau singing Vincent seems so  reaaaal.....

The Fisher 500B is listed in echoloft
In addition,  I have the Accuphase E-206 integrated amp fs as well.

Note: Speaker Stand is NOT included, can be purchased separately though.  It is really really !!! heavy, at least I believe close to 25 kg comparing with the speaker, so very stable in supporting this set of speakers, I used to have those hollow tube stands, it just don't do justice to these speakers.
Appreciate  unless you are real  serious, for it is back breaking to lift up the speaker stand, come and try for yourself . Please bring along your trolley to take away speakers (30kg) + stand (50kg). Not to worry if you don't have it, as you can purchase it from my neighbourhood.

Should you be interested pls sms me 9139-5485

Those seeking out British speakers like Harbeth  Proac  Spendor PMC  -  hold the horses and have a listen to ATC SCM 12, the magic of the super linear may strike a chord with you, I really meant it, the plugging of the chord of the guitar,  resonate into the distance ....

URL[/img]

URL[/img]

URL[/img]

« Last Edit: October 8th, 2016, 1:53pm by skhifi » Logged

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)